By Sanjeev Ahuja
Teacher’s Pet is something Oplytic has never been called, although the term may fit. Formerly known as eMagazines, our new name (Oplytic, not Teacher’s Pet) appropriately reflects what we do: help publishers as well as universities recruit, engage and track users for their mobile apps.
With students questioning the benefits of a traditional four-year education, competition to recruit and enroll them is fierce. Having access to technology that offers insights on how to acquire students—and keep them engaged through graduation and beyond—is an essential tool for educators.
Oplytic has the tools to help directors of enrollment and alumni relations:
- Measure the effectiveness of their recruitment marketing
- Place mobile ads to recruit students to download the university app
- Reach international students
- Save fulfillment costs via print publication opt-out
- Engage alumni and measure behavior
By tracking and analyzing results, university recruiters can identify gaps in the process and adjust their mobile marketing tactics accordingly which can save time and money down the line. Our mobile analytics software provides an unbiased view of what methods of recruitment and engagement are most effective on a medium that is second nature to 21st century students and alumni. In the past, teachers were given apples. Nowadays, they need apps.
By Andrew Degenholtz
With thousands of new apps launching daily, mobile marketers need not just to get noticed, they need to get downloads and reliable results on measured traffic. That’s why Oplytic Founder and President Andrew Degenholtz flew to Los Angeles, California to speak at the Association for Audience Marketing Professionals (AAMP) Conference on October 2, 2014.
In his session in the Marketing Essentials Track, Andrew revealed 10 essential things mobile app marketers should be doing to acquire paying and engaged users. Without the PowerPoint display that accompanied the presentation, here are the points that were addressed:
- Place a link on your company website
- Advertise your app in your print publication
- Email your current subscribers with a link to your app
- Place Smart App banners on your desktop website
- Create cross app banners to promote all of your apps
- Say it social
- Promote FB, Twitter and Google app install ads
- Run ads on mobile performance networks
- Sell with a premium
- Push it!
Regardless of the nature of your mobile marketing strategy, it’s crucial to measure marketing effectiveness first and then spend money and time on what works to achieve your objectives.
And there you have it, the main points of Andrew’s presentation at the AAMP Conference 2014, minus the long airport lines.
By Sanjeev Ahuja
Chances are you're seeking something: a way to measure your ROI, a chance to optimize media placements, or a Shakespearian phrase (yes, it's feasible you're searching for another site altogether). You landed here. Well, welcome.
We're Oplytic, though you may know us as eMagazines. Under the latter name, we helped some of the world's foremost publications survive turn-of-the-century new media by arming them with the technology needed to compete in today's mobile market. In addition to ensuring they stand out in the App store, we help generate paying and engaged users for their apps as well as providing ways in which they can chart their marketing efforts.
If you've already built an app, we can get right to business and help you get the most out of your mobile strategy. If you're just getting started, we have partnerships with creative app developers including Apptitude, Pubbly, Aysling, AppLab and OmniMedia who can build you a world-class app so you can implement your mobile strategy asap.
Our versatile and widely used mobile analytics software can help:
- insurance agencies and other businesses check geographic successes and attribute credit to key members of sales teams
- government organizations save money and increase citizen satisfaction
- firms discover which Google Adwords work and measure overall campaign effectiveness and ineffectiveness
- pharmaceutical groups measure physician engagement with product content
- universities better locate and recruit in-demand students
These are the topics and industries we'll cover in our blog. And this is why we changed our name. Oplytic more accurately describes the scope of our services, the reach of our market and the vision of our mission.
After all, when Shakespeare asked, "What's in a name?" he obviously wasn't thinking of branding.