By Andrew Degenholtz
With thousands of new apps launching daily, mobile marketers need not just to get noticed, they need to get downloads and reliable results on measured traffic. That’s why Oplytic Founder and President Andrew Degenholtz flew to Los Angeles, California to speak at the Association for Audience Marketing Professionals (AAMP) Conference on October 2, 2014.
In his session in the Marketing Essentials Track, Andrew revealed 10 essential things mobile app marketers should be doing to acquire paying and engaged users. Without the PowerPoint display that accompanied the presentation, here are the points that were addressed:
- Place a link on your company website
- Advertise your app in your print publication
- Email your current subscribers with a link to your app
- Place Smart App banners on your desktop website
- Create cross app banners to promote all of your apps
- Say it social
- Promote FB, Twitter and Google app install ads
- Run ads on mobile performance networks
- Sell with a premium
- Push it!
Regardless of the nature of your mobile marketing strategy, it’s crucial to measure marketing effectiveness first and then spend money and time on what works to achieve your objectives.
And there you have it, the main points of Andrew’s presentation at the AAMP Conference 2014, minus the long airport lines.